I just finished leftovers from last night's Sami's Gyro, a huge undertaking of Greek goodness.
At the table, I was re-reading parts of Cam's new memoir, The Year I Got Everything I Wanted: A Spiritual Crisis. It's a loose parallel of Ecclesiastes, how a year filled with promises (new job/city/girlfriend) ultimately couldn't fulfill.
Cam landed me the internship and pointed me toward the community that jump started life for me here. We started meeting at Sami's during the summer of 2004, while both of us were in the midst of personal crisis of one kind or another. He has become a boss turned mentor turned friend. Last summer, he invited me to Europe--the book is a journey leading up to his decision--which proved to be a life-changing experience for both of us.
Cam is a gifted, honest writer well worth your time; check out his blog and pick up his book.
2 comments:
you're a good friend...
agreed.
Post a Comment