“Dear God, I am scared.”
These are the words exiting my mouth as I jog around the corner near the Catholic grade school, where swarms of bundled up kids await a string of station wagons and SUVs, like mini-celebrities waiting for their chauffeur parents.
I remember times when life was simpler, when perfecting the multiplication tables was the biggest event of third grade, when baseball cards were turned into rumbling motors on rubber bike tires, when summer vacation came every year.
“Dear God, meet me here.”
In the movie Stranger Than Fiction, Will Ferrell plays Harold Crick, an IRS tax agent whose life is narrated by a novelist who always kills her characters. Crick wonders if he’s starring in a tragedy or a comedy.
If it’s a tragedy, he dies. If it’s a comedy, he falls in love.
Three months ago I sat on a beach with change all around me, wondering what just happened to my life. Days later I signed up to go to
And change still surrounds me. The unknown is on my doorstep.
Like Crick, I wonder aloud what all this is about. Not necessarily life or death, or comedy or tragedy, but the greater meaning behind what lies ahead. But I guess we have to move forward in order to look back.
In God’s own words, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Thank God He hears us. I have no reason to be scared.

1 comment:
Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. -- Psalm 111:10
I think it's awesome that you are taking a step of obedience and living on the edge for God. He will meet you on your journey and you'll find the answers you are looking for (even if they are the answers to questions you don't know you are asking).
Post a Comment