Monday, May 19, 2008

fargo or bust

Monday I woke up vomiting with a 24-hour flu.

Tuesday I popped a couple immodium AD tablets and drove 600 miles through the night to Minneapolis, arriving at 3 a.m. CST Wednesday morning.

Wednesday was Josh's bachelor party. We walked 18 holes, ate too much pizza and stayed up too late for our own good. But it was perfect.

Thursday we drove to Fargo for the rehearsal and groom's dinner. Some of my best friends and I ended up playing pool at an old northern Minnesota bar in a town called "Downer."

Friday was Josh and Heather's wedding and reception. It went off, we ate food, did a bit of dancing, then drove from Fargo to Minneapolis, arriving at 4 a.m. CST.

Saturday I slept until noon, ate pancakes and drove through the rain back to Grand Rapids.

Sunday was the Sabbath, where everything else fades.

No comments: