Last night Barr Dogg and I checked out the Jesus for President tour, featuring Shaine Claiborne, Chris Haw, and a couple guys with banjos, drums and a premier combination of high and low vocals.
They weren't pushing American political agendas, endorsing Obama or McCain or Bush-bashing.
Instead, they're advocating a subversive lifestyle that counteracts all the noise blasting from political podiums. Real change takes place when small groups of people (in this case, Jesus-followers) catch a vision and start impacting the world around them, not waiting for a political system to administer mercy and justice.)
They illustrate how Jesus undermined the whole Roman Empire to become King over all.
They (and the book) examine biblical history and the establishment of empire(s), challenging America and shaking up sleepy people in church pews. I would slaughter their message if I tried to summarize, but it's a timely discussion.
(On a side note, Coldplay's new album is amazing. Strawberry Swing, Lost! and Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love are special.)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment