Thursday, July 24, 2008

tough times

The last few emails and phone calls I've received from Zim have a common thread of discouragement, which is abnormal. I have permission to post this email from a friend, and ask for prayers for our people there.

I walk for long distances because transport costs are over head, I now survive on a single meal because it has become very expensive to feed oneself, I have to contend with not having because this is Zimbabwe, we are now the laughing stock of the world despised by our neighbors. Zimbabwe has become synonymous to poverty, corruption and a lot of negative things.

Yet in all this I ask where my God is and how long it will take Him before he moves in our defense? I wait and long for that day (before we die) when Gods prophetic word on Zimbabwe will come to pass. I wait for the time when God will repay for the hopeless and defenseless poor citizens of my beloved country. I wait for the days and years when Zimbabwe will be a great nation in the things of Gods, economy, peace and harmony.

Yet till that time comes I go through each day with a heavy heart and longing to go to some country somewhere where I can enjoy even the sunset.

I don’t know what God is saying through this situation because it feels like hell. My friends once told me that it is better the world ends now and go to heaven than experience this hell.

Thanks for your prayer, they give us strength as we are burdened by the life we are going through.


No comments: