Wednesday, April 04, 2007

er-spri

Michigan's fifth-season of 'Er-spri' is the mystical, glorious, terrible, beautiful, ugly, simultaneous end of winter and beginning of spring.

'Er-spri' is a frustrating time.

While the bitter sting of 'Wint' is long-gone, the melancholy final gasps of 'Er' haunt us on days like these, when we awake for our morning coffee and discover snow on the lawn.

Last week, the heat was off, I was breathing heavy on a mountain bike in the woods, enjoying the mild 70 degree days, wearing shorts and eating dinner on the back porch with friends.


Yesterday, the morning showered us with a fury of a storm, freeze-wrapping our houses and forcing us to turn the heat back on. Then, magically, the temperature escalated to a welcomed 68 degree afternoon, before turning around to hammer us with a thunderstorm night cap and snowy morning surprise.

But, I digress. The weather could always be worse.

I saw snowbanks in June here.



No comments: