Unfortunately, last week, I decided that my haircut boycott must come to an end. After four months and many bottles of shampoo, the fro had morphed to unmanageable chaos, especially for a trip of this nature.
Appropriately, there is no better candidate to cut your hair than someone you can’t effectively communicate with. Today I decided to end the boycott in a Turkish section of
After two words of English were spoken and I confirmed the price (10 Euros), I made one slight hand motion to signify the desired length, and we were off. Within seconds, large clumps of hair were landing in my lap.
Admittedly, I was overly concerned and slightly entertained at the possible outcomes.
The outcome? Not good. However, I now carry much less head-baggage and may easily be mistaken for an U.S. Marine, which will impress my father and JZ. While I mourn the loss of the fro’s symbology, I know that it will return once again. I also know that I may never have the opportunity to get my hair whacked by a Turk in the middle of

6 comments:
I know it's weird, but I love limericks...here's one for the road:
Aaron, our backpacking bro',
impulsively whacked off his 'fro.
The outcome? Don't smirk.
Call it "Art by a Turk".
It's process art. Look! Watch it grow!
Have fun in Prague!!
c'mon aaron. we want to see the before and after pictures!
I agree. Need to see it to believe it.
Cheers!
You are a brave young man! Hairless however is the newest fashion!
Blessings
Bummer! The 'fro was a fun look. But Joel will be impressed with your military cut.
Ditto on the pictures.
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment