
Photo Flashback: What I'm not sharing is Cam's photo journalism to my clown-like, cowardly approach to launching off this cliff in Dubrovnik, Croatia. (The city walls are on the far right; the entire Old Town is enclosed by these walls overlooking the Adriatic--the most beautiful spot we've visited...)
Instead of just walking up to the edge and jumping like the Aussie imbibed with "Dutch courage" before me, I applied a snake technique around the railing onto the rock, creeping along like a military trench crawl exercise, as if my body was magnetically attracted to the rock and allergic to the air.
Just before the jump, I would stand up, shake wildly, count to five, jump and yell non-English fear-based noises on the way down (35-40 feet). Each time, the whole dramatic presentation was more entertaining for onlookers.
I'm slightly afraid of heights, but perfect water casts out all fear.

No comments:
Post a Comment