Friday, September 15, 2006

if only...

if i only searched for You
like missing car keys

maybe i would find

what it is i need
and where it is i should go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, though the search is frustrating it leads somewhere and to someone. Doesn't it?

ampc said...

I think this has been misunderstood, which is what is great about poetry--it means different things to different people.

For me, it's about the search for God and ultimate meaning while pushing God aside in the midst of trial.

While I spend so much effort in search of other things, sometimes as simple as car keys, I often lose perspective on life's big picture.

If I only pursued God with the same passion I pursue simple day-to-day tasks, I imagine I'd discover what I really need and what I should be doing day-to-day.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your clarification, Aaron. It's always a blessing to hear an author explain his work further. Especially an author who is interested in his readers' interpretations and who is humble when clarifying misunderstandings about what has been written and read.

I love the meaning of your poem. Somewhere in my logical mind, I believe that if we seek God with passion, He will make Himself known.

My question was more a voicing of my personal frustration lately that even though I am passionately seeking God, He seems to be playing a cruel game of Hide and Seek with me.

I guess I was hoping that you would reiterate in prose what you said so beautifully in poetry. And you did. Thank you. It encourages me to continue searching no matter how long it takes to rediscover the God who seems to have hidden in the only location I haven't yet inspected.

I really enjoy reading your blog and am often encouraged through, challenged by, and speechless at the wisdom behind the words.