Friday, October 27, 2006

in the news today

Today, I picked up 11 newspapers from my front porch. It took about five seconds. Over the past 11 days (4 of which I was out of town), I've had 950,400 seconds to fetch these papers.

I guess I'd make a bad dog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should cancel your subscription. Or do you now feel compelled to read them all?

Anonymous said...

Cheekso,
11 opportunties to read history... a lifetime to make it.

BC

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't let me post above for some reason but that post is hilarious! As someone who also braved Meijer yesterday, I can attest that it’s just as insane on a Saturday afternoon.

I had to laugh at the “buying low” philosophy. As I helped the lady behind me in the checkout line unload the 12 boxes of butter and probably 20 boxes of pudding from the basket of her scooter, she explained to me that “you gotta stock up when there’s a good deal”

Kristy

ampc said...

the rant is back; not sure where it went...