Heard the summer out callingThis morning I received two packages. Expecting a winter jacket delivery, I opened up the boxes and discovered a piece of paper with a list of groceries. Neatly packed are enough groceries to last for weeks. It’s from my sister, who lives 400 miles away.
Singing, “Winter, come in”
But my eyes keep on falling
Asleep at the wheel
And I’m sick of rejection
So tired of projections
That keep falling short
Leaving my imperfections
And my legs have grown tired
From walking on a wire
So I reach out to You
A sinking man with the blues
Singing, “Come quick to save me
Cause I’ve fallen in too deep
Need your oceans of mercy
Cause You promised not to leave
I didn’t bring any lunch today.
I’m running low on food at home.
This is love and grace and generosity.
Thanks Ali and Matt.
I’m not great with numbers. Recently, I calculated the sales for the business, and discovered we’re over double than all of last year, with checks arriving in the coming months that may take the edge off winter’s sting, or help us make a few dents with our gracious lenders.
So often I forget to give thanks, always looking ahead to the next big thing, forgetting to look back at the evidence, to discover the stories birthed through struggle.
All this has happened during an economic crisis and an international climate of panic. I’m far too uneducated in economics to predict exactly what it should mean for the business, but I know enough that it shouldn’t mean growth. All I know, as the evidence and my Dad suggest, is that we’re wrapped in unfathomable Mercy and Grace.
As Jon Foreman wrote, “Let that be enough.”

2 comments:
Thanks for posting. Our Dad used this to remind me heart to reflect on His graciousness to me over the last few months- even if they felt especially hard, they have been unquestionably marked by Him.
Yes cheeks. Yes.
God is good. He holds true to the promises.
I was reading in Luke 17:11-19 today: context is 10 lepers begged Jesus to heal them... yes He heals them... but first he tells the 10 to "go" to their church leaders/priests. The key is they didn't sit on their rusty dusty bump on a log... and expect a miracle to happen. He told them to GO do something in faith.
Goes on to say the 10 were healed... but then only ONE of the 10 came back to give glory to God for the healing that happened!
Jesus said: "were not all 10 cleansed? Where are they other nine? Was no one found to give praise except this foreigner? Then He said to them...
RISE AND GO, YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WELL."
Your actions in Faith have made you well. Business grows. Groceries show up. Love pours in. God's grace and mercy abounds.
----
and always remember:
"Best" is the enemy of "BETTER"
God's blessing on your fiscal 2009!
Post a Comment