I felt the musical magic of I imagined the same cathedral pouring out praises for Mozart, of Bach, all the legends of this town. My eyes, wide-open like a child on Christmas morning, my heart alive and mind working overtime to process the excitement.
“Create! Create because you were created,” the Composer shouts from the Heavens. I thank the Lord for music that ignites the soul, that sets a fire inside of us to create.
the organ blasts, reminding me of past
buildings where God lived and I confessed sins,
where i first purchased fire insurance
and later was given life and breath.
i come to your holy hill, reverent for You,
hoping you’ll move and begin something new,
reminiscent of saturday’s dressed in black,
in celebration of bride and groom,
but the marriage of love
was the place of the skull and an empty tomb.

1 comment:
I love the picture you posted. It got me reflecting on candles and candle wax.
It's interesting that candles are used up in the process of being useful. Your picture was beautiful...each candle melting down at a different rate and creating unique, swirling patterns and blobs of wax below.
It made me wonder if I am willing to be used up by God in order to be a shining light in this dark world. I think I sometimes bend my wick pretty far from the match in order to stand tall and try to save myself from getting smaller. Meanwhile other candles shine brightly and are beautiful in their dripping metamorphoses.
Thanks for challenging me today.
Post a Comment