Sunday, July 09, 2006

representing deutschland

We traveled from Belgium through the German countryside and arrived in Frankfurt last night. We spent the evening on the street at a restaurant and pub watching Germany defeat Portugal for the save-face consolation prize in the World Cup.

We enjoyed our time in the rain-soaked streets alongside two very interesting, outspoken Aussie girls on a two-year global travel hiatus, and a 20-year-old college kid from Atlanta, surrounded by a combination of cheers and jeers for Deutschland's bittersweet victory.

Today's Aussie vocabulary lesson:

1) Dirty Bird Perv = Creeps;

2) Danks = Pants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's safer this way, traveling with you from the other side of cyberspace. Still, wish I were there.

Bert

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this day was much better than yesterday...be safe and happy. PRAYING for you!
m

Anonymous said...

Wow cheeks, I am cracking up as I read this. Glad to hear you found the pub brother. Enjoy! Relax! Remember, if you get into trouble in Germany, just toss Jannik's name out there... :)

You never know...

Bobby

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the "Motherland" how I long to sojourn there someday and understand the roots from which I came...

jz