
We arrived in the relaxing capital of
It has been a much-needed break from the big cities—we are staying at the amazing “Most Hostel,” where the hosts are excellent and made us Turkish coffee.
We spent last night over pizza and Slovenian beer with two guys we met from England staying at our hostel: Chris, an Oxford graduate on his way to a PhD in chemistry to look for alternative sources of energy, and James, a recent graduate of theology who aspires to be a Vicar in the Anglican Church and is engaged to be married next June.
They were the first outspoken Christians we’ve met so far on our trip. With a common bond and language, it was refreshing to talk to these two brilliant-minded thinkers—about the church, the Gospel, our stories, and different theories of how it all will work out in the end.
About a year ago I was frustrated with the “Christian Bubble,” where we can often get lost in ourselves. On this trip, what has been truly refreshing is the opportunity to talk with people who are different than me: to be challenged, to be stretched, to learn to listen.
The engineer from
The Australian chef who drinks absinthe in heaps with laughter as contagious as the bird flu;
Two music-crazy Austrian girls starting to attend school to be elementary teachers;
And I, the cubicle-wearied turned entrepreneur on a multi-faceted journey;
We are all much the same, yet very different. Each of us is on a search for something, and I hope we all find it.

4 comments:
I hope we all find it, too.
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. I have always enjoyed traveling to different parts of the world for the experiences you are now a part of.I think you ought to talk to Baker or Zondervan about publishing your poems after you get your business off the ground. You have exceptional writing ability and I think they would agree. Keep writing and absorbing this unique time you have. Love, Dad
No pressure, but Dad's right...exceptional writing.
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»
Post a Comment