Wednesday, August 09, 2006

sorrow

In the midst of this vibrant city, an email informs me that a friend was the victim of a hit-and-run motorcycle accident. Aaron is alert, alive and hospitalized, but had to have one of his legs amputated below the knee. I think of our greatest memory, an amazing ski trip to Whistler, British Columbia in college.

There are no simple answers, no cliches that satisfy, only heavy hearts and prayer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers for strength and hope are with your friend Aaron, his family, you - and all his other friends.

Suzie said...

So sorry. I'm sure it hurts more with you over there and him over here.

Saying a prayer for him and for your safekeeping.

-S

ampc said...

Thanks, friends. I heard that he is in good spirits and staying strong.

ampc said...

Thanks, friends. I heard that he is in good spirits and staying strong.